Thursday 29 October 2015

Gunby Hall, Spilsby, Lincolnshire

During a recent visit to Skegness, I came across a historical building and gardens museum you can visit as part of the National Heritage. These places are lovely to take a wonder round and you can capture some lovely images and scenes.

On the way up the road it was surrounded by farm life, animals in the field. So I jumped out the car and started clicking away. Not the animals noticed much they were too busy doing what they do best. Grazing, laying just mulling around their abode (field).

As we drove further down the lane we reached our destination, Gunby Hall. I looked quite small at first view but I would have liked to have had a look inside, but as we were short on time, we just chose to peruse their gardens at our leisure. On entering you access the gardens through a brick archway

As we walked around the garden pathways taking in the lovely flowers they had on display, you wouldnt have thought it was October as they were still in bloom. A couple of flowers actually caught my eye but this on in particular as I had never seen anything like it before, it was quite unusual unless your a gardening enthusiast and know your flowers and plants.

there were many flowers in the garden and these also caught my attention

I also got my first capture of a honey bee, this surely cant be October, unless insects are now braving the weather to work longer :)

So as we carry on walking around these lovely gardens of Gunby Hall, I spot a vision, I am visualising as us photographers do, we look at things differently to others, everyone likes a good view, but are they imagining the picture fully, what aperture setting it would need etc. A lovely apple vine walkway, well this was new, I had seen apple trees but not a vine type apple growing walkway

The next image got me intrigued, A little garden potting shed, with the tools and barrow nothing out of the oridnary by the sounds of that hey? Well that wasnt that caught my attention, it was what was in Wheelbarrow? A chair, yes a chair standing proud at punch, this looked to me like a resting chair for the gardener, maybe to give his/her knees a rest or to sit and take in the views of his/her work whilst enjoying a nice cup of coffee/tea.

There were brilliant views during our walk around the gardens of Gunby Hall, Here are a few from our visit, Iwould really recommend a visit, if you love gardening, or taking photos either amateur or professional amd sure you could find something that interested you, the gardens are well kept considering the size of the land.

Lovely right? Bet you want a visit, cos there is more ............ As you walk to the rear of the gardens you come to a wooden gate, and beyond that gate is a little church, I am not sure if it is used by residents in the area or it is now used as sightseeing historical building. As we walked up to the church I was still snapping away I wanted to capture all the things about Gunby Hall and its surroundings. It was just an ordinary church and grounds.

What was unusual was the doors to the church were open, it was open access, bit creepy really as I dont usually see churches around my local village with doors left open for peoples own perusal or entrance. But i was left open for a reason surely, so inside I venture, It was a small church, not much light at all, very dark, and as I only had my zoom lens 18-140mm f3.5/.6 it wasnt the best lens for use inside the church but I did my best.

So anyway that was our visit to Gunby Hall, Spilsby, Lincolnshire if you ever feel the need or urge to go take in some views or want a little walk around. They also have a cafe/tea room which of course is a bonus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment